Dear Big Coal: You’re Not Above the Law - How many times can a corporation break the law and continue to exist? Inside the fight to revoke Massey Energy’s corporate charter.
A majority of U.S. Supreme Court justices and some politicians like to refer to corporations as “persons.” Few actual people, though, could get away with years of lawless behavior resulting in injuries and deaths, and the destruction of entire communities and ways of life. To do that takes the protection of a corporate charter and a legal and regulatory system that has succumbed to concentrated money and power.
- casualsplendor likes this
- giraffecustard reblogged this from bringtheruckuss
- lilylungs likes this
- nerbles reblogged this from bringtheruckuss and added:
- megellen likes this
- raptoravatar likes this
- excitablehonky likes this
- onefootinthegrave said: I want to talk about how much Massey Energy is everything I hate in this goddamn world…………..
- onefootinthegrave likes this
- bringtheruckuss posted this