Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal wants Republicans to stop being the stupid party — but apparently the memo hasn’t gotten out to state legislatures around the country.
February has been a banner month for truly silly and anti-intellectual bills in state capitals across the country. Well, mostly across the South and Midwest. Some of these bills are based on the idea that birth control is poison, and that students should not fail for arguing in biology class that dinosaurs and humans coexisted. Others would stop gun control efforts by making it a felony to try to enact gun control.
This is not the Onion: Here are some of the actual proposals.
- 32bigmonkeys likes this
- mykidsarefreaks likes this
- roscoemcnally reblogged this from perzadook
- roscoemcnally likes this
- soviet-trumpeter likes this
- davidbr0wie likes this
- crlyjffrsn reblogged this from bringtheruckuss and added:
- absurdlakefront likes this
- sloppyvirginloser likes this
- imightbebrilliant reblogged this from bringtheruckuss
- staceyjoy likes this
- perzadook reblogged this from bringtheruckuss
- perzadook likes this
- foggydisposition likes this
- sowdahday reblogged this from bringtheruckuss
- poobah likes this
- elazteca likes this
- stanic-registrar likes this
- bringtheruckuss posted this