Religious dumbasses boot religious dumbass from power to be replaced with religious dumbass and then booted that religious dumbass to be replaced with even dumber religious dumbasses
One step forward, two steps backward: Egypt’s new constitution declares Islam state religion, and Shariah as the basis for law.
- "Uh, I came to my opinions on my own, my parents had nothing to do with it."
- "My religious freedoms are being trampled on." (in reference to reproductive rights)
- "Climate Change is a huge myth that scientists lie about so they can get more money."
- "People need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and not rely on others. I know I did."
- "Marriage should always be between a man and a woman because children need both parents."
- "We should teach the controversy and let students know that evolution is just a myth and no one really knows where anything came from."
- "Oh, so just because I’m white I can’t have ever experienced racism? That makes you the racist.”
Michele Bachmann claims September 11, 2001 and the 2012 Benghazi embassy attacks were judgments from God, calls for 9/11 Day of Prayer and Fasting.
- $11 million: primary and secondary education
- $9 million: teachers, aides, and staff who help children with disabilities
- 940 fewer recipients of college aid and 280 fewer work-study jobs
- Head Start eliminated for 1,100 children
- $2 million: environmental funding
- $176.9 million: reduced pay for 27,000 DoD civilians (furloughs)
- $91 million: Army base operation funding
- $8 million: Air Force operations
- $230,000: Justice Assistance Grants
- $472,000: funding for job search assistance, referral, and placement
- loss of child care for as many as 500 children
- $144,000: reduced vaccination funding
- $457,000: upgrade funds for public health facilities
- $1,180,000: grants to prevent and treat substance abuse
- $165,000: 4,100 fewer HIV tests
- $102,000: services to victims of domestic violence
- $865,000: meals for seniors
Basically, this 100% preventable political ploy by the Republicans is going to cripple the states that are already limping by, which coincidentally are the reddest states in the nation. Way to vote against your own interests, dumbasses.
Oh, and if your job has anything to do with the defense industry (which is almost everyone in my city) you are FUCKED.
Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal wants Republicans to stop being the stupid party — but apparently the memo hasn’t gotten out to state legislatures around the country.
February has been a banner month for truly silly and anti-intellectual bills in state capitals across the country. Well, mostly across the South and Midwest. Some of these bills are based on the idea that birth control is poison, and that students should not fail for arguing in biology class that dinosaurs and humans coexisted. Others would stop gun control efforts by making it a felony to try to enact gun control.
This is not the Onion: Here are some of the actual proposals.
- some guy: At the rate we're going our beaches, lakes, and rivers will be too polluted for even swimming.
- Marco Rubio: Then buy a pool.
Obama's "not-so-veiled" SOTU threat to address climate change himself if congress fails to act: EPA already has court-backed powers to regulate carbon under Clean Air Act
MSNBC’s Chris Hayes joins Rachel Maddow to discuss President Barack Obama’s proposal to make changes to climate policy alone if Congress doesn’t back him. Hayes offers his assessment of the proposal. MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell talks about the previous failures of the Cap and Trade bill and expresses his doubt that the GOP will change its stance.
A typical day in the life of a Men's Rights Activist.
- Female: ...I can't believe the Republicans are trying to redefine rape. Apparently to them it's not rape unless I'm within an inch of life from being beaten half to death. The only people involved in it are old rich white fundamentalist-christian men, so I'm not really surprised.
- MRA: MEN GET RAPED TOO! WHAT ABOUT MEN?
- Female: All rape is wrong.
- MRA: MEN ARE ALSO OPPRESSED!
- MRA: ALL MEN!
- MRA: ESPECIALLY AMERICAN WHITE MEN!
- MRA: Where'd she go?